6.12.2006

'Mr. Irreplaceable': Paul Westerberg In Newsweek


Paul Westerberg has a nice little interview in Newsweek, but says somethings about the long dreamt-of Replaments reunion:
Is there a magic number that would get you guys on the road again?
Well, that would be the magic question. No, it's more the willingness. I don't know what it would take for us to actually rehearse these old songs ... Also, in the course of the last six years I've gone from being completely sober to one inch from death to completely sober again. Right now I'm very healthy, but I know secretly, in the back of my mind, that when you go on tour, that's when you tend to weaken when it comes to whatever vices you might have. I know Tommy's aware of that, too. So a little part of the reunion thing is us being afraid of getting back together and falling into our old ways and not making it home.
Yeah, that doesn't sound very encouraging.

Remember Don’t You Know Who I Think I Was?: The Best of The Replacements is out tomorrow (June 13th), but you probably already own all their albums... don't you?

I Am Fuel, You Are Friends has some MP3s and a good photo of the Mats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home