5.23.2006

Who Are The Buffalo Skinners?

So there are a lot of music blogs out there... why on earth would you want to start another one? Well, see my problem is I have 2 really bad habits: I love to collect music and I love to share it. Nothing makes me happier than a good cover song or a new track that I can't stop listening to. The problem is that, these days, there just isn't enough time to do both... but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna try.

It seems like most music blogs out there are by college kids with nice fast college Internet connections and lots of academic storage space, but... well, sometimes there's just more to share and sometimes there's less. And that's the thinking behind this music blog: to be an aggregator and present the best of the music blogs I keep track of and maybe remind folks of some great tracks they might have missed (or forgotten) over the years.

So where does the 'buffalo skinning' come in? Well, obviously the blog needed a cool music name and, after a few others were taken, I settled on the name of one of my favorite albums: The Buffalo Skinners by Big Country. Long forgotten and relegated to the 'one-hit wonder' status, they have always remained one of my favorite bands. So the first tune will be a live version of the Buffalo Skinners off 'Eclectic' a live mix of covers and original tunes. Enjoy the MP3, but explore their other songs over at iTunes... you won't be disappointed.

The Buffalo Skinners (mp3)
Big Country - Eclectic - The Buffalo Skinners

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home