5.31.2006

Stuff You Might Have Missed...

Here we go a aggragatin'...

Stereogum has "Bonnie Brae" by The Twilight Singers (Greg Dulli's post-Afghan Whigs act) off the Rescue Me Soundtrack (I don't watch it either, but I kinda wish I did)... Still making up my mind about the Afghan Whigs much less the Twilight Singers, but songs like this might just suck me in.

I Guess I'm Floating put up this interesting group of covers last week: Amiee Mann & Michael Penn doing the Beatles' "Two Of Us" (recommended); Damien Rice doing a cover of "Creep" by Radiohead (uh, no thanks); and Phantom Planet doing "Our House" by CSN&Y which is cool if you're a fan... glad it wasn't the one by Madness: Phantom Planet don't quite have the energy for that yet

My Old Kentucky Blog serves up way, way, way too many covers of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" (Jeff Buckley's is, of course, the only version you need to own); "Where Is My Mind" by the Pixies (who knew there were so many!); "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis; The Smiths' "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"; and Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" (can anyone do this song justice??) among a few others...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home