8.31.2006

No 'Hey Ya' Without The Hives


You know what? Andre 3000 rules:
RS: Was there a show that changed your life?

ANDRE BENJAMIN: I wouldn't say it changed my life, but a while ago I flew to New York just to see the Hives. My flight was late, and I didn't get to see but the last twenty minutes, when they played every song I loved. At one point they were jamming so hard, and then right on cue they all stopped. They held their post for at least a minute. Nobody moved, sweat was dripping and they were like statues. They didn't have to play shit, and the crowd was going crazy. When they cranked it back up, the show went to a whole different plateau. The crowd went nuts, nuts, nuts! I wouldn't have written "Hey Ya!" if it weren't for the Hives.
Now that is just cool. Flying into New York just for the Hives... this guy just loves music and he gets my respect for that.

And, No it doesn't matter that 'Hey Ya' was overplayed: it is a great song.

(via Stereogum)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home